A MERRY FISHMAS!
2020 has been a year for the history books. It’s time to draw in the spirit of the season and end this year on positive note with friends and family. While we can’t be together ‘in the fin’, we are all now experienced pros in video conferencing. Thus we can reconnect our community in friendship and comradery to help get us through the final push of this year.
So, break out your favourite fish themed shirt, leggings, jewellery, hats, shoes and/or ugly fish-themed christmas sweater. THIS is the event you bought all those things for. There’ll be some games to play, carols to sing, and especially friends to connect with.
When: Thursday December 17, 2020
Time: Between 4:30pm – 7:30pm (come when you can, leave when you’re ready)
Ticket Cost: $0 RSVP at Eventbrite
How this will work:
- If you have received the email invitation linking to this page, then you are invited to register on Eventbrite. This is a closed by-invitation event.
- On the day of, only those who registered will receive the Zoom link and code in an email. We’re taking these precautions to ensure no obnoxious ‘zoom bombers’ can invade our space.
- Prepare your favourite party snacks and beverage to bring to the party. We are BYOB after all this year.
- Dig out your spectacular holiday fashions. 2020 is NOT the year to hold back. If your best holiday fashion is christmas pj’s, that is welcomed too.
- Clean off your webcam, turn up the volume and join the party. Come when you can, leave when you want.
- Connect with old friends, make some new ones.
- Favourite holiday picture: Come prepared to share a favourite holiday picture of yourself, family, pets, christmas penguins, holiday sharks, home decoration, whatever. We can share our photos, warm memories, and family traditions.
- Like this one of Hades the Elf Cat that Paula, our Aquarium Society Board Chair, shared. (Her holiday wear lasted less than 30 seconds. Her face is an accurate summation of her thoughts on this holiday tradition of “dress the cat”.)
- MMMmmm Recipes: Bring along a recipe of your ‘must have’ holiday fare. Save it to a PDF that you can give us on the day of, and we’ll assemble a recipe book with everyone’s delicacies to distribute after the event. For distribution only to those who participate.
- Games: – we’ll be setting up a side room to play games & trivia that you can hop in and out of if you want to play for a bit.
Other activities & discussions are in the works, but ultimately we are inviting YOU to join us, to celebrate, and connect with the spirit of the holidays.
Reserve your spot now with an RSVP at Eventbrite and join in the revelry that is the Aquatic Biosphere’s 2nd annual celebration of Fishmas: a joyous time centred around our finny friends from beneath the surface.
If you are unable to join us but would like to support the Society’s efforts to bring an aquarium to the region, click here to make a donation. All donations received by the end of day December 31, 2020 will be sent a tax receipt for the 2020 year.
We are ever grateful to the community for its continuing support of this legacy project. 2020 stalled our initiatives but we are excited for 2021 to continue to develop this important project as we move past the pandemic into a new world.